Choosing the right builder / renovator for your project is paramount to a successful project. Following the correct steps to choosing the right builder / renovator is as equally important. So, what are the correct steps?
1. Start with Stoney Lake Design & Planning
- First we have a Free consultation meeting at the project site.
- We discuss the scope of project and your budget.
- Then we create concept drawings within the budget.
- We also review local by-laws to ensure compliancy.
At this point you will know what your new home, cottage or renovation will look like, a budget price and how it will fit on your lot.
2. In the next phase we complete the following:
- Construction ready blueprints.
- Material specifications.
- Site plan.
Now you are ready to tender your project and do an apples to apples evaluation.
3. Stoney Lake Homes & Cottages will complete a construction contract with a written scope of work, terms & conditions and final pricing ready for your approval to start the project.
Other builder / renovator qualifying steps:
- Request testimonials.
- Request to see completed projects.
- Ask the builder /renovator how many years they have been in business.
- Request a WSIB (Workman Safety Insurance Board) clearance certificate.
- Request a copy of the business liability insurance certificate.
- Choose a RenoMark renovator